What personal information do we collect and why?
Personal Information Collected.
During your access or use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, postal address, credit card number, telephone number, gender, purchase and payment details, etc. You also may be asked to provide certain personal information about your friend(s) (only with the friend's consent) in connection with a "friend" referral program that we may run from time to time (see below). It is always your choice whether to provide this personal information; however, without providing some of the requested information, certain features will not be accessible, and you will not be able to conduct transactions through the Website. For example, creating an account may be required to join our customer rewards program.
Additionally, we may ask you to indicate favorite teams and players, and to provide information about your friends and family members who are sports fans, including their favorite teams and players, their birthdays and other similar information or we may observe certain information about the pages, products or areas of our Website that your visit, which link has brought you to our website from our email communication or other websites. We may also receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services.
How We Use Personal Information. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your order, take payment and deliver your goods to you or the recipient you indicate, to contact and correspond with you about our products, services or Website and other communications relevant to your use of our products, services or Website, to respond to your after sale service inquires including refunds and exchanges
- To confirm your identity, to keep records required by law or to evidence our compliance with laws, including tax laws, consumer protection laws and data protection laws.
- To provide information to law enforcement agencies or other authorities where we are required to do so or when we feel it is appropriate to protect our rights or rights of others or we reasonably conclude that it is necessary for defending, exercising or establishing our legal rights.
- To manage our legitimate interests: For our internal business administration, to manage customer accounts, including keeping general records of customers, sales, customer care and other interactions, and to protect genuine customers and our business from fraud to minimize the risk of false details being used, and abuse of card details by fraudsters, and other legitimate business interests from time to time.
- To manage/administer any competitions, Offers or other promotions that you have chosen to participate in.
- To manage user generated content.
- If you have an account with us, you will automatically participate in and receive emails about our customer loyalty program (currently called “Fan Cash”), and we may use your information to support and manage that program.
- To target our direct marketing to you (where you have consented to receive it) and to build a better picture of the type of offers and products we can provide which you might be interested in, so that the communications you receive are more relevant to you.
- To facilitate and enhance the use of the Website, including customizing your experiences and the content you view or receive, and to improve your online experience and the products we offer.
- To alert you to our services, to provide you with information about our products and services and those of our affiliates and partners.
Refer a Friend. If you participate in our referral program, we may email the friend you referred inviting him or her to visit our Website, and may store the email address for the purpose of sending such email(s) and to track the success of that program. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database. You might also provide us with the personal information (e.g. name, email, mailing and shipping address) of other persons, such as family or friends for whom you purchase products or services (including gift cards) or to whom you ship purchases, or friends that you share a product or article with from our Website. We may identify you as the source of referral when we email them. Please ensure that you have the consent of other persons before you provide their personal information to us.
Who do we share personal information with?
- We may permit our vendors and subcontractors to access your personal information, but only in connection with performing services for us. For example, in order to facilitate the operation of the Website or to process your transactions, we may share your personal information with certain third parties, such as hosting providers, your credit card issuer, a third-party credit verification company, the fulfillment center, product handler and the delivery service. We may share information with service providers who provide us with user review services or other user-generated content. We will require the party to agree to use industry standard or other commercially reasonable steps to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information.
- We also may disclose your personal information to third parties to provide services and/or to provide you with information about products and services.
- Further, we may disclose your personal information: (a) as required by law or legal process; (b) to investigate suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule, or regulation; (c) to investigate suspected violations of any terms or policies applicable to the Website or the services provided by us or our third party providers or affiliates, (d) to protect our rights or rights of others or we reasonably conclude that it is necessary for defending, exercising or establishing our legal rights and (e) if we separately obtained your consent, in other ways that are consistent with that consent.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active (as determined by us) and for a reasonable time thereafter. We also may retain your personal information for a longer period of time as needed to provide you services or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements. You may request that we deactivate your account at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Even if we delete some or all of your personal information, we may continue to retain and use aggregate, anonymous data previously collected and/or anonymize and aggregate your personal information.
What additional personal information might be collected through a contest or promotion?
How Do We Collect and Use Non-Personal Information?
We create and collect non-personal information – information that is not associated with or linked to an identifiable individual, including personal information that has been aggregated or otherwise anonymized so that it no longer relates to an identifiable individual.
We may collect, use, disclose, transfer and share non-personal information with any number of third parties for any lawful purpose and in any manner whatsoever. Non-personal information may be permanently retained for future use.
Information that is Automatically Collected
Like many other websites and applications, we may automatically collect certain information regarding our Website' users. Such information may include, without limitation, the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of your computer, your device ID, the IP address of your Internet service provider, your zip code, the date and time you access the Website, the Internet address of a referring website, the operating system you are using, the sections or pages of the Website that you visit, and the images and content viewed. Some of the ways in which we or the Website may collect and use that information are further described below.
- Clickstream Data. As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a website's server. For example, clickstream data can tell the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the Website. The Website may collect and use clickstream data to determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website and how we may tailor our Website to better meet the needs of visitors. This information often will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregated, and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
- Interest-Based Advertising. We may engage third-party vendors to use information we provide together with information they have collected to deliver targeted advertising to you when you visit our Website or other websites. Cookies, described above, may be used in this process. For example, if you are searching for information on a particular product, our vendor may cause an advertisement to appear on other websites you view with information on that product. This form of advertising, sometimes called "behavioral advertising," is based on anonymous information and not on any personal information. As a result, we and our vendor know your interests, but do not know who you are in connection with the delivery of that specific ad. We believe that such advertising is helpful because you will see advertisements that are relevant to your interests. However, if you would like to opt-out of these interest-based advertisements, please see the Opt-Out Process/Options and Additional Terms section below.
- Location Information. We may use the IP address, beacons or other tracking mechanisms to geo-locate you and provide you with more products, services or more personalized recommendations. We will also use information provided by your device to recommend the intended geographic website for the location it reports you as being in.
How Can You Opt Out of Emails, Marketing and Interest-Based Ads?
There are several ways in which you may opt out of the various programs and services we provide. Some of the ways in which you may opt out are described below.
- Opting Out of Our Services. If you receive an email from us, you may (i) unsubscribe from all future unsolicited emails from us through a link, typically at the bottom of the e-mail, or (ii) use our email preference center, also typically available through a link at the bottom of the e-mail, to opt out of receiving certain types of emails from us while continuing to receive other types of emails. If you have an account with us, you may opt-out of some or all future unsolicited communications by updating your account's personal information settings. If you participate in our referral program, the friend you referred may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out of future communications from us. Mobile browser cookies require a separate opt-out, as explained below. In addition, you may request that we delete your personal information by emailing your request to email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt, subject to our rights under the Data Retention section above.
How Can You Access Your Personal Information?
You may request access to your personal information by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, entitlement to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and the ability to have it amended as is appropriate. You can help us maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying us of any changes to your personal information.
Is Your Personal Information Secure?
When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology. We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal information submitted to us both during transmission and after we receive it. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
Can Children Use Our Website?
We are committed to the preservation of online privacy for all of our visitors, including children. We sell products intended for purchase by adults (i.e., those age 18 or older). If you make a purchase on our Website, you are representing that you are an adult. We will not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without the consent of that child's parent or guardian. If you are a child under the age of 13, you are not authorized to use the Website without consent from your parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that personal information from a child under 13 has been collected without such child's parent or guardian's consent, we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database. If any parent, guardian or other responsible adult becomes aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
What about Third-Party Websites and Social Media Services?
Other Notices and Important Information
Consent to Transfers Outside of Canada. Fanatics and may store and process your personal information at facilities in various countries outside Canada, including the United State of America and one or more countries in Europe or Asia. The personal information protection laws of those other countries are different from the laws of Canada, and might permit courts, government, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies and security authorities to access your personal information without notice. By providing your personal information to Fanatics, you consent to the transfer of the personal information to facilities located in other countries and the processing and storage of the personal information at those facilities.
Contact Information. LIDS Inc., c/o Fanatics Retail Group Canada, Limited, 200 Burrard Street, 1200 Waterfront Centre, Vancouver, BC V7X1T2 Canada or c/o Fanatics Retail Group, LLC, 8100 Nations Way, Jacksonville, FL 32256.